Wednesday 11 April 2018

Wall Art and Fabric Craft

Having spent the last year doing nothing but sewing I decided it was time to spend a little time before I forget how to and actually paint. There is no point is showing the process, with oils it is a very slow one. I have however painted a set of Christmas tree decorations for my neighbour, one has a black retriever on one side and a mixed terrier on the other while  the second decoration has a husky on one side and a samoyed on the other. Not great depictions because they are painted on ceramic heart shapes and as such don't really lend themselves to the subject matter. Never mind, the human for the 4 dogs loves them.


Here is the original painting of the terrier I painted on the decoration, this one was done for Christmas before last, her name is Raina, she is a mixed breed and is now 19 years old. She spends her days with us and goes home to her mummy in the evening again.



I have also spent some time and managed to paint 2 out of 5 rabbits (my daughters), both of them deceased. Unfortunately we have also just lost another one, the eldest and she died of old age, so I have found a suitable pose and now just have to paint her. She will, however, have to wait as confirmation season is once again upon us. Last year we had a first communion, the older sister to my daughter's godchildren had her first communion, this year it is the turn of their older brother and it is his confirmation. It is being held mid week and as it it also on the same day as my daughter is in college for the morning (learning acrylic nails) it will be a very busy day. I am left to return yet again to the sewing machine to make the outfits.

This painting is of Fluffy, she died last year (and was painting using acrylics). Unfortunately the photo of the painting of Sparky - a pure white fluffy rabbit who had a habit of looking as though he had stuck his paw in a light socket - is hanging up out of the way waiting for the oils to dry enough so that it can come into contact with the airborn cat and dog hair without the painting resembling a furry blob. Not being tall enough, and because it is behind glass, I can't get a decent photo so that one will have to wait a while.



Hey ho, at least I enjoy both sewing and painting so it is more finding time to fit it all in rather than looking at a chore that needs doing.
Until next week when, hopefully, there will be photos of the clothing made, photos of the children will not be shared, not least as the parents do not believe in social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wall Art and Fabric Craft

Having spent the last year doing nothing but sewing I decided it was time to spend a little time before I forget how to and actually paint. ...